Saturday, July 23, 2005

CONTEMPT!!!

Once again, Laying in bed Half asleep and the thought of God, THE CREATOR, has given me the gift of life. This AWESOME CREATOR who has chosen to put me here on this earth, that He created with a single thought and His spoken Word. In fact the universe He COMMANDED it to come into existence. Nothing in the world exists without Him. He sustains all existence. And yet I live my life in the mundane things of life, not really paying attention to the fact that I don't take my next breath without Him. My life is almost lived in contempt of Him. The selfish desires and needs I have. It's always about Me. Hey God, what can you do for me today. Hey God, why have you aloud this to happen to me or why didn't you do that for me. And then to show Him my gratitude I cuss Him and think that I'm justified in doing it! As if He owes me something. He owes me nothing, except Justice. I'm surprised he allows me to take another breath. He would be justified in not doing so.

Here's the good part. After all that, the selfishness and contempt, He still shows his favor to me. Besides the fact that He allows me to take another breath, He has made an arrangement so that I don't have to face his rath. I mean if you were God and you created a human being to have communion with and to love and that human being then(for all tense and purpose) spits in your face, wouldn't you be a little angry? Oh, I guarantee you would be. You would end it right now! Obviously I deserve death but God provides for me a way to avoid his rath and judgment. He not only created me, now he has given His own Son to take His Rath and judgment in my place.
From a selfish point of view I don't know why He would do that But I do know one thing, I owe Him all that I am and all that I have.
Thank You God for your gift of life and for the saving Grace of your Son Jesus!!

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Joel,

I hope you don't mind but your mom sent the link to your blog. I've been reading a little...very interesting. How are you doing? Email me if you would like to catch up!

Carrie

carrie@bernards-online.com

8:42 AM  
Blogger Rachel Hauck said...

That's just it. His love for you overpowers his judgement. He doesn't regard you by your weakness, but your heart toward Him.

His mercy is yours. His wrath for the rebellious and wicked.

So you stumble? You repent and ask for His grace and help. It overwhelms His heart!

Song of Solomon 4:9

Love you, Rachel

11:02 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

That is very true. Most christians are under the impression that salvation is a way for christians to escape what they deserve. That is only a bi-product. The main purpose is so that the Father can give a gift to His Son that will worship and praise him forever. Salvation is the means to the end for the glory of the Son, not the glory of man.

1:09 PM  
Blogger Will H. Donaldson Family said...

Awesome message and some awesome replies but uh..this was posted in july and its almost september.....more please!
Will

2:11 PM  
Blogger Will H. Donaldson Family said...

This is dea and I'm yelling again......can you feel the guilt? It is now almost October for crying out loud! Get busy and write something. Since you always seem to think of things while lying in bed....does this mean that you are not sleeping?

9:35 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home