Monday, January 16, 2006

Today's Thoughts

My 11 year old daughter wants to watch MTV and I don't like her to watch it. She doesn't watch the videos ( which I'm glad ) at all, she just likes some of the reality TV programs. They seem harmless enough, at least on the surface. It's not about people and their every day lives and their dealing with their personal issues that bother me the most. It's not about how they deal with their relationships with each other that concerns me either. It's the Self Centeredness that oozes out of the programming that bothers me the most. It's very sutle on most of the programming but if you pay attention you can see that it's all about ME ME ME!! Very destructive when you are trying to build character in a young impressionable mind.

Currently I'm trying to read "Bondage Of The Will" by Martin Luther. I was off from work today but I didn't get as much reading done as I would have liked. It's a very intriguing read and it's hard to put down. I had some other things to get done around the house so I forced myself to do so. I've read it before but it's better the second time cause you pick up on things you missed before. I suggest you read it.

Just a quick note on the college bowl games this year. Great games, I'm Glad Ohio State smeared Notre Dame. If Ohio State is returning most of their team next year, they'll be herd to beat. Sick of USC ( cause they don't ever play anyone with talent) so I'm glad Texas Won. GO NOLES!! Even though they lost I think that Florida State suprised a lot of people with the game they played against Penn. state. Watch out for the Noles next year!!

2 Comments:

Blogger Ame said...

I grew up in an environment where nothing was about me. Not a very good environment. And I have to consciously choose to make some things in life about me.

My girls are growing up in a culture where everything is, as you say, "ME ME ME!!" And it is WORK to teach them this is NOT true!

Glad to read that others are concerned with this, too.

12:46 AM  
Blogger Rachel Hauck said...

Good post. I watched some of the reality shows when I was in orlando for a week. They are really, really morally debase.

They do NOT set a good example for sexual behavior for young women. They act like hos.

Yes, go Buckeyes!!! go noles. ;0

Love you, R

9:50 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home