Thursday, April 27, 2006

Free Will, The Ability To Do Nothing But Sin

A Modern and contemporary definition of "Free Will" would be as follows; The ability to act according to ones own desires apart from and independent of the influence or foreknowledge of God.

Another way of putting it is that we are independent agents from God and can make decisions without God knowing about it before hand and be able to resist His ability to influence our decisions.

I completely disagree with this premise and I will go even farther to say that nothing in the world happens without Gods foreknowledge of it or that Nothing happens outside of Gods will.

Ephesians 1:11 says that He works all things according to the counsel of His Will and Psalms 139: 15 and 16 says "My frame was not hidden from You, when I was made in secret, and skillfully wrought from the lowest parts of the earth. Your eyes saw my substance, being yet unformed. And in Your book they all were written, the days fashioned for me when as yet there were none of them. Then we read again in Psalms 33: 15 that He " fashions their hearts individually" and "He considers all their works".

God planned our days before we were even formed and not only that but He also fashions our hearts as individuals.

How typical of man to be offended when he hears that he is not the one in control. In fact we don't even have the ability to control our own sinful nature. We can't stop sinning even when we want to. We are bound to our sin.

Yes, we do Make decisions as to how we will react to each situation in life and God does have foreknowledge of our decisions.

This is very necessary for multiple reasons but the biggest reason for our sake is His assurance that His promises and will be fullfilled and our salvation is ensured.

Thats all for now. Tune in next time when we will dive in a little deeper on this subject.

As Rachel would say, Peace Out.


4 Comments:

Blogger FireMedic143 said...

keep going. I have a post to put out regarding this also.

10:21 PM  
Blogger Will H. Donaldson Family said...

Piece out? I think you should keep that and let Rachel have "Peace out". I like "piece out" so much better! No really! I do!

Good work on the post as well! Deep and murky waters of pre-destination but worth the wading in!
Will

6:00 AM  
Blogger Joel Hayes said...

Hey, thanks fer thu tip. I guss we just dont no hou tu spel her in thes hils. more perdsetinasun soon.

9:51 AM  
Blogger Ame said...

Joel - you and Rachel have no idea how comforting your strong family bond is! I have so much hope that my girls will always have the same.

If God were not Sovereign, He would not be God. If God were not Sovereign, I could not live. I need to know that there is an all-powerful God always in control; I need to know that there is NOTHING that happens that is a surprise to Him. I need to know these things in order to choose to live.

ps - lOv de spIliN hR!

12:24 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home