Tuesday, February 21, 2006

Daytona 500

Yes I know, this is the second post in as many days and your right that's unusual for me. I have some extra free time this week which lends me time to write.

Now let me get to the topic here. If you watched Daytona 500 on Sunday like I did, I hope that you were enraged as much as I was with the performance of Tony Stewart. I thought that maybe he had changed some from his performance in years past were he just seemed to be incapable of controlling his anger and vengeance. Last year he seemed to be more in control of himself but I see that it was because he was winning a lot last year. On Sunday the old Tony came out with a vengeance.

Earlier in the week Tony complained about the aggressive driving that had taken place in the last couple of years and that if something wasn't done someone was going to get killed. Nascar officials reacted and agreed with Tony. They made it very clear at the drivers meetings that they were not going to tolerate over aggressive driving and penalize those who did so.

I guess Tony thought that the Nascar warnings applied to everyone but him. By lap 20 he was crashing people into the wall and blaming the other drivers for his actions. It started with Jeff Gordon on lap 20. Jeff got in front of Tony by sliding up the track in front of him. Jeffs' move did pinch Tony a little. Well Tony was not going to have any of that and instead of tapping his breaks and giving Jeff some room he clipped the rear of Jeffs' car and sent them both into the wall. It damaged Jeff's car more than Tonys' and Jeff admitted to some fault for the incident but Tony would not assume any blame at all. In a word...Classless.

The worst incident was with Matt Kenseth. I have no idea what Matt did toTony as Tony claimed but what ever it was it wasn't as bad as whatTony did to Matt. The man who claimed that aggressive driving was going to kill someone needs to heed his own words because that's exactly what could have happened as he shoved Matt off the race track at almost 200 miles an hour and caused Matt to spin out in the grass and then slam into the wall.

If you ask me I think Tony needs to be suspended for several races if not band from racing altogether and he needs to go back to spoiled brat angry management classes to learn how to act like a man.

2 Comments:

Blogger Rachel Hauck said...

Great post! You are so right!

Rachel

9:55 PM  
Blogger FireMedic143 said...

He is the new Earnhart

11:03 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home