Thursday, May 04, 2006

Free Will Part 2

Ok so let me get to it and wrap this up dealing with free will and our ability to choose.

Here is the problem I have with "Free Will". In Romans 3:10-12 paul says " 10 As it is written,
Not even one person is righteous.
11 No one understands.
No one searches for God.
12 All have turned away.
Together they have become worthless.
No one shows kindness, not even one person!

According to Paul not one single person is righteous and no one searches for God. All (meaning everyone) have turned away or sinned against God.

You see, the phrase "Free Will" indicates that we have the ability to choose between sinning and not sinning. Nothing could befurtherr from the truth as the apostlePaullindicatess here; also I'm well versed with personal experiences as I'm sure you are too.

The apostle Paul also indicates that we are DEAD in our sins (Romans 5: 12,Ephesianss 2:1). Someone who is dead has the ability to choose Nothing, except sin.

"I will have mercy on whomever I will have mercy, and I will have compassion on whomever I will have compassion. Romans 9:15.
These are the words of God to Moses as Paul uses them in his letter to the Romans.

Gods Mercy is not obligatory and he will give it to whom he Wills. The only thing that God is bound to is justice and through His justice he is obligated to punish sin.
For those who He chooses to give Mercy He offers up His Son for punishment resulting in salvation and His mercy is given in faith in His son Jesus Christ.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home